Keta Senior High Technical School (KETASCO) was officially founded on the 27 February, 1953 in a rented premises; Kudzawu’s house, opposite the Dzelukope branch of Electricity Company of Ghana. It was a day school at commencement. The school was to provide quality secondary education to the entire catchment area. Eight (8) subjects were taught then. These included English Language, Mathematics, Science and Geography. Mr. Nathan Quao was appointed as the first Headmaster assisted by Mr. Sosthenes Sorkpor.
These two gentlemen shared all the eight (8) subjects offered between them and taught the students who excelled.
The pioneer students were twenty-five (25). This was made up of seventeen (17) boys and eight (8) girls.